Monday, June 8, 2009

Chew On This!

Happy Monday, everyone!  Hope you've had a few good weeks, been crazy as usual around here.

Let's get honest, I have not worked out.  The only movement I've been getting are my fake-out workouts, but right now....that seems to be all I got.  It seem that the crankiness that is my 6 month old can be attributed to a series of ear infections.  That does actually make me feel incredibly happy, because now I know there is a source to the nighttime wake-ups, difficulty to get to sleep, cranky playtimes.  Certainly better than the knowledge that your kid is just a first class crabass!

Given all that, sleep has been a bit on the low side lately, and my eating habits are in the toilet.  Carb central, little fruits or veggies, and these past two weeks we had my stepdaughter staying with us the whole time - Sugar Monster!  But one good health thing that came out of her visit was the reinstitution of...gum.

Yes, Gum!

I had forgotten how glorious gum can be to cut out a nasty sweet tooth or chocolate craving.  In fact, gum should be your new best friend, I don't care how much you love your Bunco group. Every time the urge to binge hits, wait as long as you can, and if it's still there...pop in a stick o' gum!  Personally, I'm Big Red or Juicy Fruit kind of gal, which isn't the best for the teeth, but this is not a discussion on dental hygiene just yet!  Trident or Extra would be a GREAT choice, tons of flavors to choose from.  Gum does have calories, but not near the extent of an entire chocolate bar, bag of chips or pint of ice cream.  It's all about checks and balances here, ladies!

So my dear Izzy B has headed back to her mom's for a few weeks, and I can try to get my "good food" brain working again, but in the meantime, I am strategically placing packs of gum in the house and car!

And here's to a great week to everyone!

No comments: