Monday, March 16, 2009

Two kids = Time suck

I'm slowly realizing that the addition of one more person in the house has an exponential affect on my time.  I find myself doing ten things at one time, never having the focus to finish any one item.  Lil Boo needs me, Piglet's crying, BoxerGirl needs outside, the laundry's buzzing, my stomach is growling.  All at the same time.

So the greater question is, then, what can I do about.  Well, nothing, right?  I mean, this is what I signed up for when I became a mom.  And it's intensified by my choice to stay home, as this is my life 24/7.  It's presumed that if you stay home, you have all the time in the world to clean, organize, grocery shop.  Instead, it feels like there's less time, because I'm constantly just behind the tornado, and I never get a solid break.  And I mean *break*!  A few hours block of time!  15 minutes here, 45 minutes there is not enough to truly accomplish some of the larger tasks.

So it goes without saying that I am still struggling to find dedicated blocks of time to work out.  I started back with STroller Aerobics, then the time change hit, and my kids are all over the place in the morning!  If Lil Boo doesn't wake up at 6am, it's 9am instead!  One day last week, it was 10:30!  Tough to make that 9am class when your little ones are still asleep - and it is not an option to wake them!  

And my blog is getting neglected, but I think that's because of my perfectionism.  I feel like if my posts aren't meaningful and thought out, they have no use being here.  That's something I need to get over.  

So here I am.  Monday.  Mid-March.  Still struggling to figure out our new routine with baby #2.  At least I am standing while typing this - doing squats along the way!  

No comments: