Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Freeze Dried Fruit on the cheap

My son has some few quirks, one of which is not eating wet foods, particularly fresh fruit. But he loves freeze dried fruit, which can get quite expensive in those tiny Gerber bags you buy at the store. So I did a little Google search, and found an online company where I can buy in bulk.

Honeyville Grain has a great selection of freeze dried fruits and vegetables, and if your kid is quirky like mine and consumes these in mass quantities, I strongly recommend them as a place to buy. They have flat rate shipping, and every once in awhile, they'll send out a 10% off coupon. I buy a large can each of apples, strawberries and raspberries, which run $15-17 each can. This last shipment, they accidently shipped me blueberries instead of strawberries, which was fine by me, considering the blueberries are over $10 more! I have noticed that their prices have slowly been creeping up, so if anyone finds a better deal, please pass it on. It may just be related to how all food seems to be slowly getting more expensive!

No comments: