Saturday, February 23, 2008

Last Night...Not Good...

My husband is out of town until this afternoon, so last night I found myself alone.....with food in the house....and late night munchies.

I'd spent most of the afternoon preparing our taxes, and then followed up with lots of research on a new computer. After I put my son to bed, I didn't do the smart thing and settle down on the couch to watch a movie and snuggle with the dog. No, I headed back to the computer to strain my eyes for a few more hours. And then it hit....this insatiable need to eat. And eat. And Eat.

I couldn't stop. I was even saying to myself, "Self, you're gorging yourself, and you need to stop." Did I count to ten? Did I fill up on a few glasses of water? Not, I just kept eating. I'm not sure if it was boredom; it wasn't stress eating. I felt like I was hungry, but I couldn't possibly have been. I can't define it, and I think that's even more disconcerting!

Of course, today is a new day, and there's certainly no need to dwell on the past. But I really wish I could figure out what the source of that binge eating was. Apparently, I can't be left alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya! Matt was gone all week and was supposed to be home Thursday BUT due to the weather got home a few your ago today. All I did while I was iced in was eat and watch TV. I was bored and eating was fun! Today my IBS is really acting up because I ate so much CRAP yesterday. Carbs truly have the same effect on your brain as antidepressants (Serotonin effect), which is good and bad. Don't be hard on yourself, you are normal and I love how honest you are with self and the world with things that bother you!

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I hear you too! Being stuck in the house with a super active toddler has taken its toll on my diet for sure! Throw a sick husband into the mix and its pretty much a lost cause!

You're right in thinking that its a new day, go from here. I, too, appreciate your honesty.

jodi