Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome Back!

The FitMommas Blog has reopened for business!  I have been on what turned out to be a five month hiatus - not necessarily my intention, but I have good reasons...

1.  I was pregnant and have since given birth!
My second child was born December 4th, and I am just now attempting a return to normal life.  I'm not quite to the six week recovery mark, but I'm feeling good and know that it's time to ease back into my former workout/healthy eating life!

2.  2009 had more than life's usual stress.
I've had some major disappointments this past year, and one that I dealt with for a large chunk of the year just made it incredibly difficult to discuss living healthy - when I struggled from day to day to even get out of bed.  Life deals you blows, and this was one of my first.  But time to move on...

3.  Daily blogging is hard!
OK, if I was paid to sit here full time and wax poetic about living a fit and healthy life, I'd be all over it.  But my full time job is not to sit in front of the TV.  It's to raise my kids and run my house.  Coming up with thoughtful discussion on health and fitness issues when also dealing with teething toddlers, bills, laundry, etc is not nearly as easy as I expected it to be!  Surprisingly, my 2 1/2 year old son can clearly say "Mommy, off the computer!" - and since he is my boss during this time of my life, I do listen to him sometimes!

All this being said, I'm hoping to figure out how to blog somewhat regularly, as was my original intention.  I am now the stay home mom of two boys - 2 1/2 and one month old.  I'm not exactly sleeping.  Eating takes a back burner to changing diapers and wiping tears.  But...this is my life, and I can't put everything on hold "until this time passes."  Because it will always be something!

So...let's start over again.  OK, last March when I got pregnant, I was 135.5 pounds.  This morning, I weighed in at 153.  Not to sound like I'm copping out, but a week, week and a half ago, I weighed 149.5.  So I either packed on some Holiday weight, or I've got some water weight going on.  But for the same of argument, let's say my weight is what it is - 153.  Hey, all the more weight I can claim to have lost in a few months, right?

As of this morning - I have nothing.  No workout plans, no meal plan.  But I am going to slowly reintroduce daily workouts and meal planning - putting it all together here on the blog.  I have found in the past that I wait to start my plan until it's perfect, stick to it, and then let it go.  I'm going to try a different approach.  I'll work on the plan, but start today to do the little things to make that daily change.  Like the banana I'm eating right now.  ;-)

Also, along with blogging about my daily attempts at living fit and healthy, I'd love to find some other bloggers, sites, etc that I can tap into and reciprocate some postings.  I'd love to bring fresh content on a daily basis, but realized that developing fresh contact on a daily basis is an altogether different beast.  So if you find sites that you love, let me know!  

No comments: