Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!

It's a Birthday Day around these parts today, so we all know what that means.  Diet, schmiet!

Actually, there is so much to do to get ready for this evening!  Today's workout will be running up and down stairs getting through the laundry, power speed cleaning, running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  All so that when Hubby walks through the door, dinner is made, cake is ready, kids are happy and house is perfect.  Hey, I can do that One day a year, right?

So what's on the menu tonight?  Nothing healthy.  But definitely scrumdili-icious.  Hubby requested some chicken enchiladas.  Now, I'll use multigrain tortillas, and reduced fat cheese.  I'll add lots of veggies to the meat mix.  But overall, not the healthiest of dinners.  I will do some fat free refried beans, and I'm trying out a new recipe for Mexican Rice I found on AllRecipes.com.

But dessert?  We're going with the traditional cake and ice cream.  This is Hubby's birthday, after all, and while he appreciates my continuing desire to live a fit and healthy life, to him, that does not mean denying those things that we love.  And in the end, that's what we're trying to accomplish - how to be fit and healthy, and still enjoy those pleasures that we love.  Finding the ....here it comes....Balance!

So I'll let you know how I do tonight.  Let my pledge for the day not to Get Stupid around cake and ice cream!  And in the meantime, I have some serious house to tackle!  Have a great, active day!

No comments: